A photo posted by Daily Times Nigerian On Facebook shows the faces and the names of the 7 members who collided to form Pyrates Confraternity in the year 1952.
If you have read about Cultism before, the name “Pyrate Confraternity” might not sound weird to you. This group was said to have bred cultism which is now widespread In most Southern and Western parts of Nigeria.
Even though the group was formed for the interest of human rights and to protect its citizens without a no violence approach, it is saddening to hear that the group brought about the now violent and disastrous-filled
group of associations called Cultism. Many groups of Confraternity were formed later on that was one of the reason the way people viewed the group changed.
I think the most noticeable name seen from the list is Nigerians Playwrite and Novelist, Wole Soyinka. Any other names aside Wole’s could be hardly known or recognized especially by people of this modern days.
- APPLY NOW: GREAT Scholarships offer students from 14 countries
- Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship 2023 | Study in Australia
- APPLY NOW: Khalifa University Scholarships in UAE 2023 | Fully Funded
- APPLY: Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2023-2024 in United Kingdom
- APPLY: Leeds University Business School Scholarship 2023/24 | Fully Funded | Study in UK